Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Hangover


Is there a worse hangover than the Monday after a 4th of July weekend? I'm not even talking about the result of too much liquor being consumed in celebration of America's birthday. I'm talking about the fact that, most likely, the biggest and best party you will attend all summer has just passed, and it's only a matter of time until we are in the dog days of summer.

Not to be a downer, but...wait a minute...I'm even depressing myself right now. Hold on, I'm going to go get some coffee...

I'm back.

Man, this is going to be the sickest summer yet! There are at least two good months left, the MLB pennant race is heating up, the Olympics in Beijing are on their way (including all kind of potential international craziness), the beach weather is only going to continue and Tropic Thunder hasn't even hit theaters yet. What was I complaining about before? Summer 2008 is only just beginning. I've still got leftover fireworks, beer and I might as well keep this American flag flying on my front porch (okay, I don't have a porch...but if I did, I'd have a flag on it). Yeah, I guess I was just being a downer before. And it looks like, after years of failed research, I have discovered the cure for the 4th of July hangover: blogging.

Brian Laesch is a temp for Eleventh Hour when not changing the world with his blogs.

No comments: